Sunday, February 5, 2017

Healthy start to our Sunday



I recently told my husband that I’ve gotten bored with breakfast. I almost always wake up hungry and wouldn’t skip the first meal of the day, but I needed to find a healthy, new way to launch the week. Woman’s Day magazine came the rescue with a recipe for Egg Pepper Rings with Carrot Salsa. I omitted the tomatoes from the salsa since we don’t have any fresh-from-the-garden in February. Although Jim ate his on a homemade bun, I made mine without bread. Instead, I made a fruit salad to accompany the star of the show.

I enjoyed this fresh-tasting morning treat. Although it was quite good, next time I might add a little cheese. That could be the perfect topper to an already delicious dish.

What’s your suggestion for a creative breakfast?


2 comments: